We hope you had a restful summer break! A new school term is upon us so we are gearing up to start our new courses soon. We hope you can join us on another exciting learning journey. Have a look at some of the autumn professional development opportunities we have for you:
- Moving to Maths 2.0 - Rerun A key challenge in teaching Maths is helping pupils to understand the relevance of this competence outside of the Maths classroom.This course aims to address this situation by helping teachers develop students’ Mathematical competence as defined by the EU’s Key Competences framework: the ability to develop and apply mathematical thinking in order to solve a range of problems in everyday situations, with the emphasis being placed on process, activity and knowledge. The course will start on 18 September, and you can register here.
- Effective Parental Engagement for Student Learning Are you looking for ways to reach out to and work effectively with parents, to ensure your students’ success at school and later in life? This course will address a range of areas where school practitioners can build positive relationships with parents and engage them in the learning of students. The course will start on 25 September, and you can register here.
- Introducing Project-Based Learning in your Classroom – Rerun This course will introduce you to the concept of project-based learning (PBL) and will help you to implement this pedagogical approach in your classroom by providing concrete examples, ideas and tools that can inspire and support you and your students to embark on a PBL learning journey. The course will start on 16 October, but you can pre-register in this form and we will email you once the enrollment has opened.
- Erasmus+ funding opportunities for schools In this course you will discover how your school can benefit from opportunities eligible for Erasmus+ funding. Join us to get inspired and find concrete examples for Key Actions 1 and 2 in school education, see practical examples on a whole-school approach to European projects, and tips on preparing a competitive proposal. The course will start on 30 October, but you can pre-register in this form and we will email you once the enrollment has opened.
- Competences for 21st Century Schools – Rerun This course has been designed to improve your competences, so that you can in turn develop those of the young people you teach, work with or on behalf of. The course aims to provide you with a thorough introduction to competence-based education, as well as make you aware of the issues and challenges related to making competence-based education a reality in the classroom. The course will start on 13 November, but you can pre-register in this form and we will email you once the enrollment has opened.
Remember, all courses are entirely free, flexible and offer you a digital certificate and digital badges after completion. Enroll and enjoy learning with thousands of peers from across Europe and beyond!
The Teacher Academy Team,